Whether you’re planning some DIY updates or you’re getting the professionals in for a big reno job, count on Crester Credit to help with a renovation loan to assist with the costs. We make it easy to borrow money on a short term basis for all sorts of home renovations.
Lick & Flick Partners
Crester loves to partner with builders or people that buy houses to renovate and then on-sell. Consider us a finance partner that can help you grow.
On a hand-shake
Once you’ve been a customer and have a great proven track record, you’ll be able to call, ask if you can borrow, and we’ll give you a quick answer of how much.
Low Interest Rates
When house prices are rising, the interest cost of a loan is negligible compared to the capital gain you may receive. Regardless, our interest rates are some of the lowest you’ll find, starting from 12%
SUPER FAST –
MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT
JUST 24 HOURS
NZ Loan Calculator
Use our New Zealand online loan calculator to determine the repayments you can afford and how much you should borrow. Usually, you’ll make a deposit on the item you wish to purchase, which acts as security, and we then spread the remainder across 48 months.
$30 per week
Our maximum loan term is 3 years so your repayments on a $6650 loan must be $70 (or more) per week
Our renovation loans help with
- Flipping property
- Updating rooms like an old bathroom or kitchen
- New furniture or building materials
- Gardening or landscaping
- Extensions or new interiors
- Exterior painting
- Roofing repairs or replacement
It’s up to you whether you want to do-it-yourself or pay professionals. With our home renovation loans, you tell us how much it will cost to renovate your house, and we will sort the repayments and term for what you can afford. We can even look at using your home or furniture and appliances as the security for the loan.
Need To Know’s About Renovation Loans
More than 80% of our customers return to us for their future renovation loans. The more you work with us, the easier getting a loan will become. In fact, we love to partner with people who use the funds for property improvements.
Inflation versus interest
If property prices are rising beyond or close to the interest rates that Crester offers, then if you do the math, taking a loan for renovations makes a lot of sense, and the cost is balanced by inflation.
Get Cash in 24 hours
After you submit your application, you will hear back from us within 60 minutes. Once approved, the funds for the loan for renovations will be deposited into your bank account within 24 hours.
Inflation versus interest
We lend to people who are looking to improve property anywhere in New Zealand, not just Christchurch. This means renovation loans in Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton, Tauranga, etc.
- When renovating, always assume that you’ll have additional costs. Factor an additional 15% and detail all costs in a spreadsheet prior to starting.
- When working with contractors, create an agreement with a contingency factor. This means, if you’re paying $6000 for a driveway, arrange that you’ll pay $5000 and then the $1000 a month after the job is completed so any defects are fixed with the money incentive for the contractor to complete the work satisfactorly.
- Partner with a construction company that can issue a structural report and make suggestions for improvements.
- If the purpose of renovating is to sell the house, always stage the property using a professional staging company; It’s worth every cent.
- If selling the house, tell your real estate agent that if they achieve a certain price, you’ll give them full commission; if not, then their commission should reduce too.
- If you’re keeping the house, get a valuer to come through and detail a report so that it can be submitted to the bank, which will gain you more equity as the property value will have risen.
APPLY NOW AND YOU COULD BE APPROVED BY
Our business loan NZ application form is your instant finance solution
Questions? Connect with a friendly member of our lending team.
We respond to requests immediately, so we’ll get back to you super-fast to discuss your request. In the meantime, please review our answers to common questions and information about terms and conditions, establishment fees and the amount to settle a loan early.,FAQ